Monday, May 23, 2016

Nails | Cheating at Watermarble

I love watermarble nails, but I'm not the best with the technique and it often becomes frustrating when everything seems to be going wrong. I was watching the How to Cheat at Watermarble Series on the Simply Nailogical YouTube channel (one of my favourite YouTube channels by the way!) and I decided I wanted to try one of the cheats. The cheat I tried was making watermarble stickers. I'm going to show you how that cheat went, taking you guys through it step by step as a sort of mini tutorial. 
A mini tutorial on how to create watermarble nails using a cheat method

So firstly, I wanted lovely bright summery watermarble to match the warm sunny weather, and so I went for these three polishes from the Rita Ora collection from Rimmel. I also used a freezer bag as the base I'd make my stickers on. Lastly, I used one of my nail dotting tools so create the swirly marble effect. I've seen people using cuticle sticks for this too, but I decided to use the smallest dotting tool I had.
A mini tutorial on how to create watermarble nails using a cheat method
It's quite easy to create the watermarble effect. I made stripes of polish and used the dotting tool to swirl the polishes together. There's something really satisfying to watch the colours swirl together. One tip I'd also say is make sure you've put the polish on thick otherwise you get really noticeable lines in the swirl design, and to also be quite quick with drawing your swirl design. I also kept a cotton pad with nailpolish remover soaked in to clean my dotting tool after each sticker.
A mini tutorial on how to create watermarble nails using a cheat method
I ended up over making the stickers just in case a few went wrong or they ripped whilst I was trying to remove them. I know that in the future I wouldn't have to make so many stickers, but it's good to have a couple of spares just in case. After allowing them to dry I also put a clear top coat over the top to lock the design together. 
A mini tutorial on how to create watermarble nails using a cheat method
Peeling the stickers off was definitely the hardest part. All I can advise for this bit is to be nice and slow and take your time, otherwise you can destroy the stickers you've made. I also left these stickers to dry for a few hours; just in case.

Instead of using white for a base coat I used pink instead. I measured the stickers against my nails and cut out parts that I thought looked nice or interesting then I applied the stickers using a clear coat of polish. I have to say that I 100% prefer this method because there's also a lot less mess and they apply really well as stickers and stick very well to the clear polish I used.. I used a little pair of scissors to cut away the excess, and then used a cuticle stick to push the sticker on. Then I used a nail file to get rid of the rest of the excess.
Finished nail look 

A mini tutorial on how to create watermarble nails using a cheat method
I used a glittery top coat too, because I always need to have glitter in some form on my nails. I personally loved this method and I found it so easy to do. I did these around 2 weeks ago and the stickers have hardly chipped and some nails still look perfect. 
A mini tutorial on how to create watermarble nails using a cheat method
I'll definitely use this method again to create more watermarble looks in the future. I love being able to avoid the mess and also the disappointment when you dip your hand into your watermarble design and it comes out horrible.  

What do you think of watermarble nails? Would you use this little cheat to create them or do you prefer the water method? 

 

6 comments :

  1. Wow the finished look is really impressive!

    Sarah x
    http://thingssarahloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good idea! x
    Louise | helloteddy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, how good do they look! I've tried water marbling my nails and it just failed haha, might have to try this way next time!
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Fab! Do they feel thick on or are they okay? I'm terrible at marbling but adore the look.

    Becca

    Www.queenbeebecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks Fab! Do they feel thick on or are they okay? I'm terrible at marbling but adore the look.

    Becca

    Www.queenbeebecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am completely agree with you, I am an amazing fan of your site, genuine guard post Keep making such stunning post,


    Thanks for sharing.



    Best dermatologist in jaipur



    Regards

    Sameer

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!